What’s on the menu at rebranded McDonald’s in Russia
- Russian McDonald’s restaurants reopened on Sunday under the new brand name Vkusno & tochka.
- Vkusno & tochka’s menu does not include Big Macs and McFlurry, but does have a lot of pork chops.
- This is what you can eat at Vkusno & tochka.
McDonald’s Russian restaurants have reopened with a new name, logo and menu.
Vkusno & tochka, which translates to “tasty and that’s it,” opened 15 stores in and around Moscow on Sunday, including what was once McDonald’s flagship Russian restaurant in the city’s Pushkin Square.
Alexander Govor, a Russian businessman, bought Russian McDonald’s restaurants after the hamburger giant left the country following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. Govor said he plans to reopen all of McDonald’s approximately 850 Russian restaurants by the end of the summer.
“We’re not allowed to use certain colors, we’re not allowed to use the golden arches, we’re not allowed to use any mention of McDonald’s,” Govor told Reuters .
There’s no Big Mac or McFlurry on the menu at Vkusno & tochka, although Govor said, “The Big Mac is McDonald’s history. We’ll definitely do something similar.”
Some old McDonald’s items weren’t immediately available due to logistical difficulties, and trade restrictions mean dishes are likely to change, Vkusno & tochka CEO Oleg Paroev said, according to The Wall Street Journal. On the one hand, Coca-Cola’s decision to suspend sales in Russia has left Vkusno & tochka searching for new soft drink suppliers, Reuters reported.
However, the burgers on sale at Vkusno & tochka contain the same ingredients and are made with the same equipment as under the McDonald’s brand, Vkusno & tochka’s quality manager Alexander Merkulov said, according to Reuters.
Here’s what’s on the menu at Vkusno & tochka.
- Grand Deluxe
- Double Large
- Single or double cheeseburger
- First Chicken
- chicken burger
- Single or double fish burger
- Caesar wrap with breaded chicken, hard cheese and salad (with or without bacon)
- Wrap with omelette, pork cutlet, cheese and salad with mustard and horseradish sauce
Sides and snacks
- Crispy prawns
- Cheese sticks
- chicken nuggets
- Chicken wings
- Chicken strips
- Spicy Potato Wedges
- Hash browns
Muffins and rolls
- Muffin with pork cutlets
- Single or double pork cutlet muffin with salad
- Single or double pork cutlet and egg muffin
- Chicken muffin
- Egg and Cheese Muffin
- Egg, ham and cheese muffin
- Cheese bun
- Ham and cheese bread
- Fried eggs and cheese with a muffin
- Fried eggs and ham with a muffin
- Fried eggs and bacon with a muffin
- Omelette (with or without ham, bacon or cheese) with a muffin
- Scrambled eggs with a muffin
- “Big breakfast” – omelet, pork cutlet and hash brown with a muffin
- Ice cream in a waffle cone
- Ice cream in a tub with caramel, chocolate or strawberry sauce
- Cherry pie
- Bag of applesauce
- Pancakes with jam or honey
- Rolls with cottage cheese, raisins and dried apricots
- Chocolate, vanilla or strawberry milkshake
- Black or green tea
- Iced coffee
- Coca Cola
- Green or Lemon Lipton Iced Tea
- Still or sparkling water
- Orange or apple juice
- 1000 islands
- Mild red pepper
- Olive oil
- Strawberry jam
- Apricot jam